Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mozzarella!

We bought a cheese making kit a while ago that had stellar reviews on amazon and tried it out last night. I was so pleased that it was as easy and fast as the directions promised and successful!
You start with a gallon of milk...
And a few things from the kit that you wouldn't have at home-rennet, citric acid, cheese salt, and a dairy thermometer 
After combining the rennet and acid with the hot milk-it does this! 
You separate the curds from they liquidy whey...
Heat it and knead in the salt...
Stretch it...

Put it in an ice bath for a few minutes...
And voila! Fresh mozzarella that tasted awesome!!



No comments:

Post a Comment