We've had a great day together! Their behavior has been Really Good, we've had Interesting conversations (Ella wanted to know how grapes become wine and why you have to be 21 to drink it), and they both have done things that made me so proud of them! On the carousel, Ella got in the spinning seats with 2 kids she didn't know and they were fast friends within the 3 minute ride. She can be shy and sometimes give up what she wants to do bc she's too nervous to interact with people she doesnt know. I was so proud of her for just getting in and having fun!
She also wanted to find a specific book at the library and after some coaching on what to ask the librarian, she took a deep breath and walked over and asked. She turned around and looked at me with a big proud smile as she followed the librarian to the right shelf. Melted my heart!
Ella's also turned into an amazing big sister (a lot of the time). Today she's helped Sadie learn to walk on the balance beam and excitedly cheered as she mastered it in a few tries! She can be soooo sweet to Sadie and genuinely is upset if she's hurt or sad. I'm feeling so blessed to watch their sister-bond grow.
Sadie's impressed me today too. She played for 30 minutes with a little boy at the library and after about 10 minutes told him, "you are so fun! I love playing with you!" Cue more heart melting! I'm so glad she is a confident and friendly little girl!
So, add to this a couple good teachable moments about what God says about generosity and moderation and its been an awesome day. Trying to soak in every moment and be present to this joy. I know it's a fleeting season and I intend to savor it :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment