Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 3

First, the great news...Ella slept 12 hours last night without a peep and NO BOTTLE!!!!
Bad News...I knew the nap would be harder and it definitely was. No nap actually occurred today but lots of crying and chewing on the crib rails did. I offered her "elmo milk" in a cup, read books, rubbed her back while she laid in the crib, changed her diaper, even let her have a 30min break to watch Sesame Street. Still, after 3hrs in and out of the crib-no actual sleeping occurred. She played quietly for a little while at one point but no nap. I hope bedtime tonight is nothing like this afternoon...the bottles are gone as far as I'm concerned so there's no going back even if there's more Ella-drama than usual for a while. This afternoon wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and hopefully there won't be too many more like it. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment