Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Straight Hair Ella

One day last week Ella refused to take a nap so we had lots of time to fill before dinner. Couple boredom with my curiosity about what her hair would look like straight and...here's what you get. I let her sit in her high chair and watch Sesame Street while i got out the blow dryer (and later the flat iron). When I first turned her around she looked like this.

She couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard. I tried for a little longer and then it looked like this.

That made me almost fall on the floor laughing and I still can't look at the picture without cracking up. She looks like a newscaster or someone from the 40's or something...BIG hair! It's just SO curly that I couldn't get the roots straight without holding the hair dryer really close to her head and it being too hot. So it's curly for a couple inches and then straight which makes for a very amusing do. I liked it once it was in a pony tail though. The side bangs were not intentional, believe me her hair just went where it went, there was very little styling choice because the curls are so powerful. But, with the side bang and ponytail- she really looks like me!


The funniest part is that she went to bed like this and in the morning it was as curly as ever-her hair does NOT want to be straight! That's ok, I adore her little ringlets :-)

1 comment: