Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Aquarium!

We had such a fun trip to the aquarium! Chris taught Ella to say "Fridays after five, prices take a dive" which is exactly why we went when we did! Marissa met us there and we all LOVED seeing Ella have the time of her life!


Aunt "yissa" and El checking out the frog exhibit


This is Ella clapping for the dolphin show which she LOVED and has been talking about every day since. She seemed so into sitting in her own seat watching a show like a "big person"-it felt like some coming of age step to watch her try to sit and pay attention and clap appropriately like a big girl instead of a "baby" who is not very self-aware. Very fun to watch her learn new skills-like how to sit through a show!



My favorite frog :-)


Afterwards we took the risk of a meltdown and went out for dinner (we got to the restaurant at Ella's bedtime so I was a little nervous). This is Aunt Marissa showing her how to cross her legs and fold her hands like a "lady."

Funny faces

Finally a recent (decent) picture of Chris and me!

Cracking up with Aunt Boo-Boo (yes Marissa had a lot of nicknames)

PS-Ella did GREAT staying up late! I had no frame of reference because I don't remember the last time we took her out past her bedtime. Even the car ride home at 10pm (which, of course she was wide awake for) went well! I think it was God rewarding me for relaxing a little and taking a worthwhile, memory-making risk in staying out late :-)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I can relate. I am the nap/bedtime nazi. I get nervous about pushing Tabitha's limits and so thankful that Jeff says, "it doesn't hurt to try." Usually it's fine, and if not we just deal. But I still am a nervous wreck!

    ReplyDelete