Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fire House

Last week we got to go with some friends to a local firehouse. This is apparently a very pre-school thing to do but it was our first time so Ella and I were both pretty excited.

She was not allowed to climb in this sleigh and it was driving her crazy


This fireman was explaining everything to the kids and at one point a little boy asked what a panel of dials did and he said "Um...that's a really long story. Anyone else have a question?" I was cracking up!

The firehouse also had a Christmas train display

Sorry this is sideways, it's still adorable

4 comments:

  1. If you email me that video I'll turn it around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that video!!! 2 ADORABLE girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're dancing. OBVIOUSLY, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN! Lexi was more than driven crazy with not being allowed in the sleigh... Ella was not alone.

    ReplyDelete