Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Gushers are Gross!

Somehow Holly ended up with Gushers when she got home from the grocery store even though she didn't put them in her cart. I am familiar with these nasty snacks because my dad actually likes them and for some reason I remember him taking them on a trip to Russia about ten years ago-primarily because they'd probably last through nuclear attack so a trip to Moscow didn't hurt them. Anyway, when Holly and I were out for lunch with the girls the other day she decided to give them some and see if they liked them. Hope only ate one (good taste) but Ella ate a bunch. YUCK! A few minutes later we realized that the Gushers had left their mark...

5 comments:

  1. That was so gross, and so fun. I love that they checked out their tongues in the mirror for the rest of lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about a snack that keeps the kiddos entertained. Bring on the Gushers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I LOVE GUSHERS. I'm weird. Although I do wonder whether I could stomach them now. At 12, they were awesome.

    Your kids are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gushers are awesome. I've had them recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! It cracks me up that they were all jazzed about their colorful tongues.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete