Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Brave Day

Last week a friend needed a little help after some surgery so I offered to take her daughter out for the afternoon. I was excited to do it and Ella was thrilled to get to spend some time with Hanna. We had a good time but I'll admit having two 3 year olds in the mall was kind of stressful. I'm just not used to keeping track of two kids at once in an open space. Thankfully it went pretty well (my kid was the one who had fits and made it difficult, Hanna was easy). Anyway, my hat is off to those of you with two kids or three kids or four kids...Wow. As I sat and watched them play I kept reminding myself that when I have two kids, they won't both be three at the same time-that'll make a difference right? If not, don't tell me. I need the delusion if Ella's ever going to get a sibling.

A lady who worked at this store noticed the price tag where the girls were standing and asked me if I was advertising that they were for sale for free :-)

Enjoying a little MickeyD's

Chillin in the play area tunnel

Play Doh once we got home :-) Having two kids at my house is no problem at all, that I'm more used to. I was so excited that we made it home without losing or hurting anyone that I made them an entire play doh zoo and cracked them up by letting them name the animals and then singing a song about each one. Relieved mommies are fun mommies.

Fun Day with the girls!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through without losing (or hurting) one of them :)

    That pic from inside the play tunnel is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have those same placemats in our kitchen!! I love them! My kids are finally at the stage where they play really well together. A couple of Fridays ago they played for about 3 1/2 hours solid with only a couple of interventions from me. It was bliss. But then other days they both fight and I wish I only had one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thoroughly impressed! I have trouble with two kids and they're both mine and one can't run away!

    ReplyDelete