Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Disney on Ice

Yesterday we went with a group of friends to see Disney on Ice! The kids loved the spectacle of it all and were totally into it even though there wasn't as much pre-school focused action or characters as I'd hoped. Nevertheless, we all had a fun time!


The kids snacked the ENTIRE show. Good thing all four moms had full purses of goodies and they didn't confiscate them at the entrance :-)


Hope was the youngest kid there and Holly didn't know if she'd be into it but she totally was!

You can tell Lexi was just humoring me with a grin for the camera...genuine happiness came later when she saw Snow White and Cinderella!

The show was pretty impressive-complete with pyrotechnics and all kinds of fancy skating tricks.

At one point we chanted "Mickey Minnie!" over and over while clapping to free them from their laser prisons (like I said, the story was a little more fitting for school-age kids than pre-school). But Ella was totally into it! I'm so thankful to be able to do things like this with her :-)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! We reenact the "Minnie, Micky, Minnie, MICKY!" thing here about 11 million times a day. More so now that we have the dress and Bean gets to be "in the grabby thing" and I have to chant to get her out. Cracks me up

    ReplyDelete