Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Blizzard Begins...

We had a very well predicted Blizzard this weekend on top of 6 inches of snow from Wednesday and another 6 inches from a week ago. INSANE amounts of snow for this area but I'll take it! I've always loved snow (thanks Dad for passing that on!) and it's extra fun with a kid/family/house of my own. No more begging my dad to go pick up friends every time in snowed. But thanks dad for all the times you hauled us out in treacherous conditions so we could have friends over and wreck your house for days on end :-) Love you!

But, I digress. Friday afternoon it was already snowing and we decided to go for a walk and play outside for while since we knew it'd be harder to do that in 2ft of snow the next day. We had a blast!











This morning-18 inches and still snowing hard!

2 comments:

  1. I love how the snow feature on your blog makes the snow shots look like action shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are those almonds you used for a mouth on the snowman?? what is that?

    ReplyDelete