Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Wee Chefs!

Since our dance class disaster last year (Ella screamed and cried and wouldn't go in) we haven't tried another class but Ella said she was ready. This time when given some options, she chose cooking which thrilled me! We started this week and it was so much fun! She was really shy at the beginning but warmed up by the end (it's a 1hr and 45min long class!)

Decorating their Chef hats


gotta have just the right color...


the teacher said Ella looked more like the Pope than a chef ;-)

After reading a story about Pizza, we made Pizza! I was helping a lot so I didn't get any pics of the process but here's the final product...




The kids read another cooking related story while the pizzas baked and cooled





Ella's new buddy from class (Ella's very excited that her friend is 5 oooOOOoooo!)

Looking forward to next week!

3 comments:

  1. Are those pics with the new lens? They're great! I totally want to do something like this with Hannah next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is with your lens-LOVING it! You have to be just the right distance away but the shallow depth of field is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think you know how much it means that you stayed for her class (tear)...parents that represent - ROCK!

    ReplyDelete