A Cosi date with Kate, Melissa, and Erin. Bad cell phone pic but these girls have been WONDERFUL friends to me over the last couple years! By God's design, we all have strikingly similar stories and struggles. This has allowed us to give each other some free therapy and encouragement that few people could, had they not been through something similar. What a blessing to have deep conversations and silly fun with these girls!
Kate and Melissa both graduated from our program this spring! They started when I did but moved much faster in the program than I have. They say being kid-less allowed them to finish so fast, so having 2 kids while in the program, I get a pass for still having another 6 classes to take :-) Seeing them finish and go through the whole licensing process gives me SO much hope that I too will actually be a licensed therapist!
My buddy Erin started the program a little later so she'll still be around at school with me next year :-) Look forward to lots more time with these girls in the future! Who knows what God will do. I'm sure we'll be friends and colleagues long term-maybe even private practice partners! So thankful for the surprise of new friends who "get" me SO well!
How wonderful; and they are sure blessed to have you as a friend!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Love you, Corinne! I don't know if the other patrons in Cosi would think we were all therapists by the conversation we were having!! :)
ReplyDeleteHow nice that you have each other, and I'm glad that one is sticking around with you. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so much better at doing topical posts than I am. I'm all, "Here are 87 pictures on this topic, and in OTHER news...!"
I am just now catching up, and am so sorry I missed this when you posted it! You are so right about the blessings of the program at Loyola. I'm right there with you in gratitude for all of the people I have met who are following their call, including you.
ReplyDelete