Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Nana's Family Dinner Helper

Somehow all 5 of the kids in Chris' family happen to live here right now. This hasn't happened in a long time so we're all enjoying this special season! One way I think my Mother-in-Law is able to really enjoy it is hosting Family Dinner at her house every single week, without fail!

Another thing Nancy (my MIL) insists on is spending a few hours each week with each grandchild. So, Ella has spent one afternoon a week with Nana for pretty much her entire life. This past year it's helped me out with one of the days I worked which happened to fall on Family Dinner night. So, Ella gets to be there for all the prep and fun of feeding 15-20 people every week at Nana's.

This week Nana took pictures!

Ella cut an entire cantaloupe with a plastic knife!! I'm SO impressed!


Ella got to add 4 layers of jello plus the whipped cream for this fun dessert! She is quite the intent cooking helper and I'm so glad Nana gets to experience her in this way too. Cooking has always been one of my favorite things to do with her!

Here's a little video Nancy took of the cantaloupe endeavor :-)

1 comment:

  1. I wish my kids had the patience to cut up an entire cantaloupe. Way to go Ella!

    ReplyDelete