Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ummm-AMAZING!!

This is not a deep, spiritual post or a heartfelt child-focused post so put away any desires for depth.  But, have no fear, you will be inspired nonetheless :-)  If you're a girl.  And have longish hair. So, here's the scoop.

I am not adept with a curling iron.  Nor do I have any desire to spend the time, ever, to curl my entire head of hair.  Thus, I was intrigued when I saw this on a craft blog I read.  I was curious enough to watch the tutorial video on youtube and then tried it last night.  Oh.  My. Word.  This may be as life changing as 8 years ago when I bought my first professional grade flattening iron.  Changed my hair life forever. Seemed to good to be true, so I had to try it. 

I started with my hair straight and dry. It took literally 2 minutes (I timed it) to wrap it around the elastic headband like the girl in the video demonstrates. And woke up with this...

an unintentional side shot

All I did was curl my bangs a tiny bit (because they were still straight).  Didn't touch the rest of it.  I'm in love.
 
Here's the video tutorial. 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. OMG YOUR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love, trying it tonight! Your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is pretty short but I LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this on my phone a couple of days ago and I've been meaning to call you and say WOW!! That's awesome!

    I wonder if it would work on Hannah. She'd LOVE to have truly curly hair for a day.

    ReplyDelete