Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mouths of babes...

Both kids are amusing me lately with what they say. For Sadie it's lots of "oh, wow!!" And "ooo, what's zat?" For ella it's things like this....

Just now
Ella: hey mom, wanna chat with me while I brush my teeth?
Me: sure! What should we chat about?
E: So, I've been wondering...what's it like being a grown up?
(Then I laughed and tried to convinve her it wasn't all just getting to do whatever you want!)

Yesterday on a walk
Me: oh my gosh! Ella look at this-it's a dead bat!!! (It was laying on the sidewalk and I was totally fascinated)
E: (totally deadpan) well, ya don't see that everyday

Two days ago
Ella: mom? Sadie has a huge head. Like, her feet are tiny and her hands are tiny but that head? Whoowee! It's huge mom! ....I guess maybe she'll grow into it.

1 comment:

  1. HA!! I totally snorted.

    Ella is the best at deadpan one-liners.

    ReplyDelete