A couple months ago I snatched up a deal for a cookie baking class at a new local kids bakery. We cashed in our certificate and got a private baking lesson with the WONDERFUL owner, Lisa. I really loved her-she was organized, good with Ella, prepared even though the bakery is still under construction, and really easy to chat with while we baked. We had a great time and will definitely go back.
 |
| Getting ready! |
 |
| Ella got to choose what kind of cookies to make from a bunch of yummy sounding choices. |
 |
| Stirring hard! |
 |
| Scooping |
 |
| See, I was there too :-) |
 |
| While the cookies baked, Ella got a box and a bag to decorate for her cookies. Genius use of time. |
 |
| Then we got to taste the cookies right out of the oven. Seriously REALLY good cookies. Best chocolate chip cookie I can remember having in years. |
 |
| Ella packed up her cookies and Lisa gave us instructions on how to freeze and thaw them if we didn't want to eat all 2 dozen right away. | |
|
|
Overall, this was a really fun date. We make cookies at home but there's something about a "date" (and her cookie recipe tastes way better than mine) that made it worthwhile. They also have a ton of options for playgroups, birthday parties and more that sounded great. Also, for those of us in church communities, Lisa and her husband are active Christians and very open to church-related groups coming in. She even mentioned having brought in a Song of Solomon Couples study to do baking classes that relate to marriage building! We ended up talking about faith because I noticed that she incorporated the fruit of the spirit into the ingredient list when talking to Ella! So, just because I really like Lisa and her cookies-go patronize
Little Hands Cookie Co.!
SO FUN!!! I never buy those deals... maybe I should start :-)
ReplyDeleteMaybe Popeye would love to go too. I will try to arrange it. Thanks so much for sharing this.
ReplyDelete