I was trying to cut and then paint Ella's nails and she kept jerking away and even started crying at one point saying I hurt her. Then...
Me: Ella do you know what toenails are? They're dead. Like your hair. You being scared of me cutting your nails is like going to a hair salon and crying when they cut your hair. You wouldn't do that because it doesn't hurt!!
Ella: but no mom. It's different.
Me: no it's the same
Ella: no but they are different...they do it all the time, they're like....artists mom. They're talented. They know what they're doing. So it doesn't hurt.
What???
I acted all offended and assured her that I'm no toenail artist but after 32 years of life, I know how to cut them.
Where does she come up with this stuff???!!
Me: Ella do you know what toenails are? They're dead. Like your hair. You being scared of me cutting your nails is like going to a hair salon and crying when they cut your hair. You wouldn't do that because it doesn't hurt!!
Ella: but no mom. It's different.
Me: no it's the same
Ella: no but they are different...they do it all the time, they're like....artists mom. They're talented. They know what they're doing. So it doesn't hurt.
What???
I acted all offended and assured her that I'm no toenail artist but after 32 years of life, I know how to cut them.
Where does she come up with this stuff???!!
Oh my gosh she is so funny! I love her hair all up and tousled like that :)
ReplyDeleteAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful.
And way to go Ella on another great picture-perfect smile. She's a pro!