Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Day of Preschool!

Ella has finished her first year of preschool! We've been really happy with her school and she LOVES the social aspect, the structure, her teachers, everything. She hasn't missed a day and has never been sad to go. I have no idea how we'll make it through the summer with her asking all the time when she gets to go back to school!

Here's her first day of school, September 2009


Her last day, May 2009-she's SO big!!

3 comments:

  1. Go Ella! We are so proud of you.
    My visit to your school was quite enlightening and lots of fun. It was very interesting watching your independence. You are are great self-starter. Your leadership skills show up loudly and clearly.
    I am so sorry you ended up sitting in someone's spilled milk. Although your dress was wet even after we tried to dry it with a paper towel, I am so glad you had an extra pair of jeans to put on under your skirt to keep your bottom dry.

    Do you remember how you organized all of the "little people" on the big table? And then a rough boy knocked them all down? You showed everyone what a big girl you are. YOu just quietly picked it all up and started again, just avoiding that big boy.

    Tell me, what was lying under the table and pretending to be asleep when clean up time began....Hmmmm

    I learned quite a bit about you and your school That was a lot of great.
    That's my Nieta! I can't wait to see what next year brings.

    Don't worry about not knowing all the words here. We will chuckle about this note when you are twelve and a half.

    Have a happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! She has gotten soooooo big! But still just as cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her hair is a good 6 inches longer! Love the pretty dresses and the big girl poses. Ella Bean, you're so big!

    ReplyDelete