Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Luau!

For Mother's Day all of the moms received hand-made invitations last week to come to a luau! It was a lot of fun and heart-meltingly cute to see all they prepared for us! When we first walked in the kids presented each mom with a lei and showed us where our seats were. Then they "performed" two songs for us.




Then we had our very pretty (and creative!) flower-shaped snack. (And even as a flower stem, Ella wouldn't eat the celery, oh well.)


Then each kid gave their mom a present with Hawaiian-themed wrapping paper the kids made. Inside were these framed hand prints with a little poem. SO cute! They had me make the hand prints last month and I honestly forgot about it so it was a sweet surprise to see that Ella had done hand prints over them. The words on it say "Hand in hand we will be forever, you and me."

We later played limbo and had a dance party until it was time to go. Thank you Ella for a very sweet Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I'm jealous of all the space in Ella's preschool. (And a little bit of the pink walls.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm not remotely picky and dude... celery is nasty. GROSS.

    ReplyDelete