Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Conversations

Ella has been saying lots of things I think are really funny lately...I'm sure a lot is lost in translation but here are a few :-)

*We were walking in the mall and I pointed to some mannequins in the Gap kids window
Me: Ella! Look at those clothes! Aren't they cute!
Ella: (in a sad tone) Yes, they are. But we can't by them Mom. They're just pretend.

I guess clothes have to be on real people to be real?

*In the car while Ella's playing with her etch-a-sketch
E: OOOOO Mom look! Look! Look! You have to look at what I made!
Me:Ok, pass it to me. What is it?
E: Just look!! Look!!!
Me (confused, looking at just a straight line down the middle of the screen): Ohhh! What a nice line!
E: No! It's a heinie!!!
Me (laughing): Ella! Who showed you how to do that?
E: Just me! I made it up! Cause it looks just like a heinie!! HEINIE! HEINIE! BOTTOM!!!


*We were in Pier One looking at some rugs on a top shelf. I couldn't reach them so I asked a salesman to come over and help me.
E (to salesman and me): You know, maybe my daddy could reach that for you. He's pretty large ya know.

*Ella saw me washing off our kitchen scissors after we'd used them and was watching pensively then asked "Mom, why are you trying to cut the water?"

*And finally, we were sitting outside on the front lawn on a nice day last week and Ella got really excited all of a sudden and points to herself, then me, then Chris and says "Look Mom and Dad! Look! We're small, medium, and large!!"

8 comments:

  1. That heinie comment made me laugh out loud!! Thats so great!! She is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often I will read your blog out loud to Mom-Mom. She enjoys hearing about Ella's "little antics".
    Today she laughed and said: "Now, how many little children would think of that?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! She is hilarious!!!

    That totally made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys-it brightened my night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That girl is just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very funny. cutting water. now who would think of that?!? love you ~ S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, she's hilarious. Love the "he's pretty large, ya know?" comment. It's so Ella! She's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete