Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Factory Tour

A couple of people in our Lifegroup (small group from church) own a grout company and a bunch of us went down this week for a tour! It was so much fun to do something totally out of the ordinary, learn about an entire industry I knew nothing about, and get to see a project and a place Karen and Chris are passionate about! We got to meet employees, learn about grout chemistry, and basically see how their product is revolutionizing the industry (I'm totally serious! It's awesome!). It was also cool to see how they run the company with God at the center. It was evident in the decor, the relationships, the employees, everything. It was also great to meet some of the guys who work there who were homeless and in need of help in the recent past. Chris and Karen have an awesome ministry to those men and it was evident. It was cool to put faces to the stories. So, the moral of the story is Go Buy Some Starquartz Grout!!

The group at lunch-eating seafood on the water, who can ask for more??

This machine makes all the grout!

Some of the grout in stock-my favorite color names were dark mocha, linen, and caramel :-)

Our friend Chris is the inventor of their product-showing us how they came up with it!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful learning experience. Convey our prayers for continued growth in the factory and in the ministry.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I love factories and tours of all types. How fun!

    ReplyDelete