Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Hershey Zoo!

We drove a couple hours to visit Hershey last weekend and had SO MUCH fun. Seriously, it was a perfect day with Chris and Ella! Here are a couple pics of part one: the zoo.

This porcupine was totally passed out and didn't even twitch while we stood there. Doesn't look comfortable to me but Chris pointed out that if you're a porcupine you're probably rarely "comfortable." Touche.

I think I was answering Ella's questions about why the prairie dogs sound like squeaky mice and are called "dogs" but don't look like either.

This bear was really big and really close to us-cool!!

They had a southwest exhibit and I got all nostalgic telling Ella how we saw those animals all the time when we lived in Arizona. Kind of miss the roadrunners, quail, and jack rabbits but I'm cool without scorpions and black widows.

No comments:

Post a Comment