Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day 2009!

My dad and Chris are GREAT, GREAT dads and I'm so thankful for both of them. We had a fun day and Chris got some new garden gadgets, a gardening class, and I made some tear-jerker DVD slideshows for him and my dad. It feels great to have a day set aside to make sure they know they're doing a good job in an area that really counts for eternity-investing in the hearts of little (and big) girls.

Breakfast in bed :-)

Ella helped Chris open the Father's Day Present she made at school almost 2 months ago and left stapled closed in a bag and wouldn't tell ANYONE what was in it! She's a good secret keeper! (It was a cute baseball mitt picture frame she made with herself in the middle as the ball)

Church was awesome-it's hard to tell but I got bold and took a picture while they were praying-all of the dads left their seats to kneel and pray and commit themselves to honoring God with how they love their families. SO moving. You can see our pastor, DA kneeling in the screen in the upper left.

On to the pool! Another afternoon at Aunt Bobbi's house :-) This time with a BBQ

This is the only pic of my dad from the day so I had to include it! He was too busy taking his own pictures of all of us :-)

My 90 year old grandmother chillin by the pool :-)

Marissa and Stella her new puppy :-)

Post-burger nap


I love this one!

3 comments:

  1. I can see it now...the big grin was followed by a brilliant idea:

    "Mom, can we get a puppy too. Raleigh needs a friend..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not get over how grown up Ella looks in that last pic. SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pic is SO CUTE! She's utterly delighted with herself :)

    ReplyDelete