Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ella's First Haircut!!!

A couple weeks ago I decided to take Ella for her first hair cut ever!!! Yes, we made it 3 years and 9 months with no cutting. It was pretty easy since she is so old and was excited about "getting a trim at the salon" rather than scared :-) My dad joined us and it was a fun little milestone to celebrate!

Ella was not expecting to lay down to have her hair washed and was kinda freaked out. When I moved back to take this picture she was saying "Mommy! Hold my hand!!"


Before


During

After!

Lollipop as a prize and off we go!


*So, the goal of the haircut was so to even it out and I was told curly hair tangles less when it's kept trimmed-so far, no change on that. Booo.
**We went to Cartoon Cuts and it was WAY too expensive ($16) and slightly ghetto. Nothing bad happened but I don't really recommend it. I can definitely do future trims myself :-)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, ghetto is exactly how I'd describe Cartoon Cuts. We tried it but won't be going back.

    Her hair looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete