Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
She was right
A couple weeks ago we froze some of Ella's yogurts with a stick in them per the instructions on the box. One morning she remembered and asked if she could have a popsicle for breakfast. Because this sounded absurd and like something to of course, say no to, I did. She whined and said "but popsicles are good for breakfast!!" and "whyyyyy??" And then, as she was whining, I realized she eats yogurt for breakfast almost every day. Why is the same exact yogurt in frozen form not allowed? So, I came to my senses, apologized for being ridiculous and told her she was right-popsicles are good for breakfast :-) She was thrilled and I was reminded that my knee-jerk response to say no to certain things needs to be re-evaluated in some cases. And I love getting to say yes to this little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I hear you.
ReplyDeleteI've always answered "No" to most requests if the kids demanded a response right away.
I like to think of those changed answers as "A new decision which was made when new information has been presented."
Good for you, Corinne. I DO like when kids are truly right.
Nana