Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Hair Trim #2
Ella's first hair cut in life was almost a year ago and it's gotten SO long I thought it was time to do another one. After seeing the Cartoon Cuts people just wash her hair and cut straight across I figured there was no point in paying them again so I set up a "hair salon" in the living room, put on Team UmiZoomi and got to work. It was harder than I thought to "cut straight across" with her thick hair but if you don't look too closely, it's not bad :-) She had a lot of fun feeling pampered like at a "real" salon and also requested I straighten it afterwards. Cuteness!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved Hannah's comment when she saw it. "Ella! You uncurled your hair!"
Ella, you look just like your mommy did when she was 6. You are gorgeous--curly or uncurled. Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteGigi can't wait to see you tomorrow.
She is SO DANG CUTE! I love the bright, lovely sheen to her straight hair, but I'll always be in love with those pretty curls :)
ReplyDelete-Jen
Love it. I can't wait to do "spa/salon" days with Mabry! We have washed feet together in bubbles in the living room...so I guess that is a start. How wonderful that God is giving you another girl to be a girl with :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Her hair is so so pretty!