Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Random Corinne Thoughts

Random thoughts....

1. I am a sucker for kitchen tools/gadgets and often they seem cooler and more useful than they are.  BUT, I bought this weird tool from a Pampered Chef party a couple months ago and I LOVE it.  No other tool in my kitchen can do the same job so it's actually extremely useful!  I've used it to evenly chop up ground meat (especially after it's been frozen), chop canned tuna evenly, mix enchilada ingredients thoroughly, squish bananas and so much more! Who knew you needed a Mix'n Chop?  You do.

2. I am not a big burper.  Just not an issue I have.  However, I've noticed in the last couple months that when I'm burping Sadie after feeding her, I more times than not, burp also.  WEIRD.

3. I love nuts.  If I get to crumble some pecans on top of something I get giddy about eating it.  Ice cream, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, pancakes-rarely do I eat them (in my own house anyway) without nuts on top.  Yummm.

4. I love Top Chef.  I especially love the current season which has Top Chef All Stars back to try and win it.  It's the only show I'm keeping up with right now. I have watched every episode of this season twice.  I occasionally read blogs about the show.  I'm Ob-sessed.  I really think I may cry when the season is over.  It's SO good! (And I really want Richard or Carla to win, in case you're a watcher.) That is all.

5. I've been subscribing to Real Simple Magazine for many years now.  I like it a lot but don't implement things from it all that often.  One thing I tried years ago is using a multiple-pants hanger with those bars that swing out to hang necklaces and bracelets.  I LOVE it.  It's so easy to see everything and they don't take up room on my dresser or getting tangled in a jewelry box.  Many times a week, when I use this little apparatus, I think "I love this thing.  I really need to blog about it.  It's just that good."  And for probably 3 years, I've never done it.  And now I have!  But I'll probably still think about it everytime I get a necklace.  What can I say.  I'm Pavlov's dog.

Seems like enough randomness for now!

4 comments:

  1. I WANT that Pampered Chef Mix'n Chop.

    Remember when your mom talked about having to learn to not push herself when she was delivering a baby? I think it's the same with burping. I do the SAME thing (with burping, not delivering babies). I think it's because I relax those muscles, you know, because I'm helping :-).

    I also almost throw up when I'm holding Hannah's hair back when she's sick and I've almost peed my pants trying to get my kids potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Top Chef.

    I also can't live without Real Simple, though I doubt my life is any simpler because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of the blog! And, love you too and your random thoughts! Which, all seem to make perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want to eat Carla and Richard's food, too. Richard's personality kind of annoys me, but his food makes up for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete