It's been a big week for both girls! Sadie seems so "with it" all of a sudden-she REALLY knows what's going on around her and not only understands some of what we say but has started responding to it! She's picking up baby sign language ("more" and "all done"), clapping, waving good bye, and putting her arms up in the air when you ask her how big she is. All but the clapping happened in the last few days! She's still not totally reliable to respond but it's amazing how she seems to have turned a developmental corner. It's so much fun to see her huge smile when we get excited about what she can do!
Ella has also had some new learning this week. True to form, if we don't push things, she does them on her own, in her time. It was this way with talking, walking, potty training so we've (mostly) learned our lesson and haven't pushed reading on her. She's been reading certain words and starting to sound things out for many months now. But a few days ago, I overheard Chris putting her to bed and heard that SHE was reading her bed time book. I kept listening and noticed that I couldn't hear Chris whispering each word to her and it sounded like the stilted, staccato lilt of a new reader, not someone making up a story from the pictures or repeating after an adult. I was incredulous and went into the room to find Chris sitting with her looking as shocked as I was! We have a reader!
The second video isn't working!!!! :) Shirley and I are trying to catch up on the blog while Cintra is out.
ReplyDeleteMarissa
Good work, Ella!
ReplyDeleteYAYY!!! Sadie is going to LOVE having a reader for a big sister :-)
ReplyDeleteLove this post!
ReplyDelete