I'm definitely proud of this accomplishment but I'm wavering between signing up for another race (10k? trying to do a 5k faster?) and being done with running. Here are the pros and cons (no promises to how shallow or silly they may be, keepin' it real):
Pros: Feels good afterwards and occasionally during
Good for weight loss efforts and overall health
I've invested in the clothes :-)
It's very convenient (right outside my front door, no equipment)
Cons: I'd have to figure out some other form of exercise which might require paying for something or leaving kids with strangers
I can't wear my hair straight (I have to wash it every time I run and it takes WAY too long to straighten it every day or even 3 times a week)
It hurts
I get bored and think of all the things I could be doing if I was at home
I don't think I'll quit but this race being over has definitely decreased my motivation. But, Chris reminds me that if I went from not running to 3.1 miles in a couple months, I can certainly continue to increase my distance and speed if I keep going. And it would be exciting to do a 10K....we'll see :-) For now, the pics.
| And we're off! about 3000 women ran |
| See that little dot of pink up in the top corner? That's Uncle David holding Ella. Quite the good view of the race! |
| Almost done! |
| That's Chris' mom finishing and Uncle Matthew and the kids cheering her on on the sidelines |
| Nancy, Ping, me, Amy, Julie (post race) We did it!! |
Woo-hoo! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe we did it!
ReplyDelete