Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In REAL time!

So, any of you who are actually involved in my day to day life know that I've been a blogging cheater. I have been way behind in blogging so I've been writing a bunch at once and scheduling posts days ahead so it's not overwhelming for those of you who actually track this blog. Well, it's confusing because I get comments about things that happened two weeks ago and I'm confused and I feel like I'm lying to people. I know that's a little dramatic but somehow scheduling posts has felt more stressful than just posting what's actually going on when it happens. And if I miss a day (or 10) that's ok.

So, this post is REAL LIFE, REAL TIME. This happened TODAY! October 28, 2008! Welcome back to my actual life, as it happens :-)

Ella and I went to Michael's after I picked her up from preschool and bought some beads and had quite a crafty afternoon :-)


She made the pink necklace she's wearing and then after showing loyalty to her favorite color, was willing to move on to mixing colors for her second project (a necklace that is about 3 feet long!).

I made this bracelet and the necklace you can see on the floor-we really enjoyed it!


Then...Ella had rest time in her bed for an hour. I had the monitor on the whole time and it sounded like everything was fine. However, when I went in to get her, she had 1)ripped apart an entire, hardback, pop-up book AND 2)peed in her bed. WHAT THE HECK??? Both of these things are very frustrating because she's really old enough to not do them AT ALL. SO frustrating.


Then...

I find her snuggled up in a chair reading my Bible. How can you stay frustrated with a kid who sits and quietly "reads" a Bible being extremely careful with the super-thin pages. She pointed out numbers she recognized and she sat there for 25 minutes. How do you go from destructive to angelic in literally 2 minutes??

Soon after that, Chris got home and we got to the pre-dinner event for today-Pumpkin Carving!


Ella loves saying "Woo-Woo!!" and cheering when things go her way. This time she popped an eye out of the pumpkin all by herself.


Our Finished Products!

Good Day :-)

1 comment:

  1. I too tried to schedule my posts, but didn't like it at all. I must not have as good of a conscience as yours, because the "lying" thing didn't bother me, but I felt like I was out of the loop with my own blog! :) I now just post when I'm able and that's that. A lot of times I start a post and finish it later, or even work on it a couple of times before posting, but it still feels a lot fresher.

    Nice bead work, Ella!

    ReplyDelete