However, how is it that I bought Ella's Halloween costume WAY ahead of time and then ended up racing around at 5pm the DAY before she has to wear a costume buying a new one? Oy. It worked out pretty well but the principle of it is annoying. The problem was we tried on the original costume (an elephant) and it was too small! It was supposed to be for 2-4 year olds!!! BOOOOO! She could have worn it but she also decided she did NOT want to be an elephant and wanted to be a ballerina. I shouldn't be surprised but I thought maybe I had one more year before she converted to totally girly-girl costumes. So, I was at H&M at 5pm because I miraculously remembered that they had some ballerina stuff (which is weird because I don't go there often and they don't have any other costume-y stuff!). But I found what I needed and she tried it all on and she was ADORABLE!!! All pink and sparkly and heart-melting.
Ella got to wear her costume to preschool for a Halloween party
Practicing her "ballerina twirl"
All dressed up with her cousins ready to trick-or-treat!
This is Aunt Amy explaining the (made up on the spot) rule of trick-or-treating
"If you don't say thank you for the candy, you have to give it to your parents and they get to eat it" Hahahaha!!! It worked though! Christopher lost his candy once but learned his lesson quickly!
This is a video of a failed attempt for candy but I thought it was cute anyway :-)
The bad news is that just before we got to this super-decked-out-scary house, Ella saw a kid in a wherewolf costume and got scared. I felt SO bad for her. She barely talked and wanted to be carried the rest of the time :-( She recovered as soon as we got home and she got to play with her grandparents and eat some candy and she slept fine so at least no nightmares about the scary costume. Poor girl!
We might have to stick to church-sponsored Halloween events for a while so scary costumes can be weeded out. Overall, we had a fun time and though it was for a bad reason, I'm always up for extra snuggle time carrying my little girl :-)
We actually did our trick or treating at a mall, for the very reason that I thought Holly would be scared by some of the houses in the neighborhood with really scary decorations. It worked out great! It was mostly little kids like her, and she loved it. I missed the neighborhood feel, but I think we will probably do that for a couple of years as we didn't have to worry about the weather. I actually found a really cute pink princess fairy costume at Goodwill for $5. My rule was that she could be whatever she found at Goodwill as long as it wasn't scary. :) It worked! A neighbor had given her wings and a crown for her birthday, so that completed the look. What it is about little girls and the color pink?!!
ReplyDelete