Maybe in a rush to show off her skills before she turns 3 (in two days) Ella BLEW me away tonight. All within an hour or so she did three things I've never seen her do and didn't know she could do!
1. She pulled out my Bible and said to a group of friends we were with "Want to know what this says?" We all nodded and with no pauses between letters she shockingly quickly said "H-O-L-Y B-I-B-L-E" I knew she knew her letters but when I ask her to "read" letters it usually involves long pauses, loss of interest, and lots of "ummm...what's that one called again?" It was pretty awesome.
2. She wrote her name!!! We have not been working on this much at all and certainly not recently (she's still so young!). I was shocked! And it was totally legible!!
3. She drew a face with all of the correct parts! Generally Ella prefers painting or stickers over coloring or drawing so I have yet to see her draw much that actually resembles what it's supposed to be. I'm very impressed.
Guess she just wanted to squeeze a few things in to give us some bragging rights so we can say she did each of these things when she was still two :-) Yay Ella!
That is AWESOME! I was going to say "especially the..." but they're all really cool. Way to go Ella!
ReplyDeleteThat's great!!! Yay Ella!! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY Ella Bella Beanarella! :)
ReplyDeleteLove that kid!