Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Randomness

I have a few pictures that are not really related to anything but too funny/cute/weird to keep to myself. Enjoy!


One of the cousins was in time out but they all went in solidarity and held hands-how cute are they??

Chris has "invented" pepperoni chips. He fries them until they're crispy and eats them as a snack. SO weird. But tasty :-)

My friend Esther has taped lines on the floor in the kitchen that her kids aren't allowed to cross. It's to keep them safe when she's cooking and such a good idea! It cracked me up to see all three of them patiently sitting there and saying "Don't cross the line!"

Ella still sleeps in a diaper and the other morning I went to get her and she was all wet. HERE'S WHY-her diaper EXPLODED! I feel like moms joke about that kind of thing but it actually HAPPENED! So weird, and gross. I only used them for a week but I hereby un-recommend walmart brand diapers.

We've lived here for 2.5 years and I didn't remember until last week that our tub has jacuzzi jets. So now, if Ella is well behaved for the actual washing part of the bath, she gets to turn on the "bubble button." It's SO much fun! With a tiny bit of soap, the jets make literally a foot of bubbles!

2 comments:

  1. The exploding diaper picture is absolutely disgusting.

    How could you POSSIBLY forget you had jets?! My kids would be all over that (and super jealous if they knew)!

    I totally ate pepperoni chips growing up. Mom would buy pepperoni in huge bags from Sam's Club and I'd put them in the microwave until they were crispy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a good laugh out of that first photo of "time out solidarity" because my kids do the same thing! Just yesterday, Michael was in time out, and a few minutes later I looked into the living room, and Holly was snuggled beside him in the armchair (his "naughty chair") reading him a book. This is not quite what I had in mind for time out...a nice time reading with your sister! She also had gone and gotten him his blanket, which is part of the time out -- no blanket while in time out or it turns into a nice snuggle time. Anyway, you gotta love a kid's heart who wants to help the one who's misbehaved!

    ReplyDelete