Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Adorableness

I've been saving both of these pictures for a week or so but they don't really fit with anything else so here you go-two ADORABLE moments with my soon-to-be-three year old. I'm getting nostalgic and teary about her birthday coming so there will probably be lots more gushing over Ella in the weeks to come. Be prepared :-)

So, Ella's cousins, Amy, and our friend Erin were here for dinner after the apple picking adventure and were trying to find Ella to say good bye. This is where we found her...

what is she doing you ask? Flossing. With the entire box of floss on one end and about 3 feet of floss pulled out on the other side. I did not teach her this!

A couple days later, for various episodes of bad behavior, Ella lost all of her bedtime books. She was horrified and begged to take a book into her bed. I told her that was fine but that I was still going to turn out the light. She again seemed horrified and I felt bad for her. I said she could use her gloworm to see but she said it's not bright enough. Thinking quickly, I offered her a flashlight and gave her some instructions (turning it off when she's done etc.). She was thrilled and happily snuggled under the covers and started to read. I had to take a picture. Isn't this what big kids do? It just seems so grown up to me! She melts my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Will has been occasionally reading in bed recently, too! He has a cool nightlight that lights up when you take it off its base - so it's wireless and doesn't have any plugs to stick his tongue into or anything. Of course he can't turn it off before he falls asleep, but it's still cute to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds cool! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete