Today Ella and I met some friends for story time at the library and then had lunch at a yummy restaurant. That is not the remarkable part of the story. After our morning out, I was feeling strangely brave and compelled by my long to-do-list to run some errands. Errands and Ella generally are not a good combination. She doesn't like sitting in carts for very long, she gets bored, and whiny, and when it gets bad, she'll do that limp body thing that every mother of a toddler knows. Basically, it's infuriating. So, I usually run errands alone (thank God I have that luxury-yay for husbands who work at home!). That said, I haven't attempted many errands with Ella recently (like the last 2 1/2 years). But today, I decided to see what would happen. We went to FIVE different places! We were out for THREE hours. And NO meltdowns!!! By either of us! It was amazing! She wasn't angelic per se but she did VERY well. What a wonderful surprise to not come home ready to sell her. Who knows when this will happen again so I thought it was worth documenting. Way to go Ella and praise the Lord!
PS-If you're reading this in a reader or email, go check out my actual blog-I have some fun new thanksgiving decor :-)
I love the Thanksgiving decor! (and I was reading in reader so your little nudge to check it out worked!)
ReplyDeleteYEAH ELLA
ReplyDeleteYEAH MOMMY CORINNE
This is a great way to start Year 3. It will bring many surprises. I am excited for both of you.
I LOVE your Thanksgiving layout!!!
ReplyDeleteNICE! Dude, even when things are that easy, I still come home ready for a nap and a stiff drink :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the turkeys!