Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt Take One

Ella's friend from preschool invited us over for an Easter Egg Hunt and Party last weekend and we took our nephew Christopher along-good times for everyone :-)


Two very pensive lollipop eaters

Ella was surprisingly driven once the kids were let loose to hunt for eggs. I didn't know if she'd really be into it but she definitely ran and dove for every egg she saw (and got a lot of them because I guided her to the areas where none of the other kids had been yet-hahaha!! Come on, she's only 3 and there were big kids-I had to help her out!)

Ella and her friend Reagan from school cheesin' it up

Christopher had some impressive moves on the moonbounce slide

Ella was more traditional but FAST!

It was fun to see Ella interact with a rough and tumble boy-she's more resilient than I expected and really enjoys her cousin. She and Christopher are really becoming friends and it's so sweet to watch them grow up together. We'll definitely be inviting Christopher on more outings in the future :-) Good times.

3 comments:

  1. Christopher's lolly pop picture is so GQ.

    Thanks again for taking him, he really had a LOT of fun. And, Ella is getting much better dealing with his "love".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so that first picture totally makes the two of them look like teenagers. SO CUTE!

    And I love the Ella slide pictures. These two are so super cute!

    ReplyDelete