Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I need to go to the Petting Zoo!

Often paired with Ella's recent wailing about wanting to wear a "dress with no sleeves" was a request that she "just wants to go to the petting zoo!" We finally did go there last week and that obsession has subsided some. Sadly the petting zoo we discovered near our house isn't open in the spring so we're pretty bummed about that. Oh well, this one was a good time with our favorite red-heads :-)

Ella was cautious but brave enough to feed a couple animals this year-this is progress! She used to be way to scared.

Hope, on the other hand, had no fear of the animals. I think this goat sensed that and decided to get a little daring and sniff her hair!

Our little Cinderella and Prince :-)

Ella in the "mushroom forest"

Ella took this one of me as Jonah :-) Good times!

2 comments:

  1. That's strange that the petting zoo near you isn't open in the spring. I would think that is prime time to go to the petting zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a touring petting zoo and there's some pissed off mother in Virginia that doesn't understand where the animals go in the fall.

    ReplyDelete