Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Laundry, Big Girl, Daddy Time

Life continues to be hectic now that I'm in the clinical part of grad school so blogging time is hard to come by. However, I'm trying because I really don't want to forget what Ella was like at this age! So, here are some random pictures I've taken over the last few weeks that tell you a little about what she's up to and what she's like :-)


Ella was watching Imagination Movers (her current favorite TV show) and I came in to fold laundry and found her quite comfortably watching her show on top of the mountain of clean clothes! She continues to be totally mesmerized by TV so it's usually a privelge she gets only after rest time in the afternoons if she has good behavior. She likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, NiHao KaiLan, and new LeapFrog DVDs we got that help with learning to read!

Ella is REALLY into how big she is. She refuses to be called a baby or even small and constantly reminds us that she's a big girl now. This is her showing us how long her arms are now-she can touch both sides of the doorframe! It's adorable to watch her marvel over how long her legs are or get SO excited when she can reach the occasional light switch or sink. It's definitely bittersweet to see her growing! People have been commenting a lot lately on how tall she's gotten! I got all choked up the other day buying her new pants in the "girls" section, not toddlers. It's going so fast!

Ella's had a bunch of nights home with Daddy now that I'm working. Monday nights they hang out from about 4:30 pm on and play all kinds of games and go on long walks which they both seem to really enjoy. Chris has always been a SUPER involved dad but he has stepped up even more now that I have more going on outside of the house and from what I can tell, they have a ton of fun together :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture with her and all the laundry. That looks like like our laundry situation a few days ago, except that it was piled all over my bed and my kids were laying on it (talk about wrinkles!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how tall she will grow to become? Between you and Chris it could be anything! ~ S

    ReplyDelete
  3. S-I know! I'm guessing she'll be taller than me by middle school :-) But, I'd be surprised if she's SUPER tall...we'll see! Miss you SO much-call when you can k?

    ReplyDelete