I haven't blogged for a while for 2 reasons.
1)I was VERY sick last week. I had parotitis. Basically bacterial, unilateral, mumps. You can google it. It's gross. One side of my face was CRAZY swollen and hard as a rock and I had a fever, sore throat etc. The doctor said they only see this in the elderly and HIV patients and he has no idea why I would have gotten it. His best guess is that I was dehydrated. Weird. Anyway, antibiotics and some gross (squeezing the pus out) treatments later, I'm all better! Yay!
2)I had about 35 pages worth of papers due last week. About 12 pages of that was a word-for-word (cough-for-cough, sigh-for-sigh) verbatim of 20 minutes of one of my counseling sessions. I have been hearing since I started this program how hard verbatims are and how they take FOR.EVER. Chris has also been hearing this from me and decided there had to be ways to make it easier. So, being the fabulous husband that he is, he came up with all kinds of things that were a HUGE help. It was SO sweet that he cared enough about a project I had to do to put time and thought into making it easier. Thank you SOOO much! Practically, the process was much easier but it is slightly painful to watch yourself do therapy on video and have to record every "umm" and "like" (I discovered I say "kinda" A LOT). I did get a better understanding of what I need to work on from analyzing my every word so I guess it was a worthwhile exercise :-)
Speaking of work-it's going well. Slightly crazy that I'm "allowed" to be a therapist for unsuspecting clients but God is blessing the process. All of my clients are women or kids affected by domestic violence/abuse. I'm liking this population much more than I expected and also liking the people I work with quite a bit. I think it helps that almost of my clients are out of the abusive relationships and we're working on rebuilding their lives. Good stuff! I look forward to three more months there :-)
So, that's why I haven't blogged but get ready cause I have a bunch of posts in mind!
Gosh, sorry to hear you were so sick! Thank God you are better.
ReplyDeleteWell done with completing your assignments and getting this far! I'm so proud of you!
Much love,
Ana