Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Easter 2011

With Chris' side of the family I decided to host Easter Dinner at our house.  Ella REALLY wanted to have an Easter Egg Hunt so this was a good way to meet her request.  It went really well! As you will see in the pictures, Nancy bought beautiful dresses and suits for all 6 grandkids!  We had LOTS of people which I will list here for my own remembering...(which I don't do well sans lists)

Phil, Nancy, Jean
Dave & Julie
Amy, Matt, Hannah, Christopher
Andrew, Ping, Silas, Eva, Lao-Lao, Lao-Ye
Matt D
Liz, Connor, Sam, and Sophie Nixon

I'm in love with this shot of Sadie Amy captured.  Beautiful!!

It started POURING about 5 minutes after the mad dash for the 90 or so candy filled eggs the dads hid in the yard


Add caption

So happy to have Ping's parents visiting from China for a few months!

Chris' grandmother loves getting time snuggling Sadie
I "caught" Christopher and Sam (who just met that day) sitting in Sadie's room reading her board books and giggling-so cute!    

1 comment: