Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Graduation??!!??
Hard to believe but Ella has completed 3 years of preschool and starts Kindergarten in a few months! Wow. I sobbed on the way to Kindergarten registration and when I got home but I made it through graduation without crying. It's done though and we're praying the transition is smooth.
Ella is SO excited about kindergarten and riding the bus (which she's talked about literally since she was 2 years old) and enjoyed the orientation last week at her new school. We've had some good talks over the last few weeks about her feelings about leaving preschool and she's learned the term "bittersweet" to describe her emotions. As she says, she's sad to leave her friends at pre-school but really excited for elementary school. I'm looking forward to a summer of lots of fun and time with my little girl before we transition to this new phase. If I'm honest, I'm a bit in denial because parts of me are terrified to send her into that big school, all day, without me. Ugh. Another opportunity to trust God with this child. Parenting is heart-wrenching sometimes. Long days, short years.
Anne Marie, Savannah, Carly, Ty, Ella, and Sophie
My little preacher??
Singing "Fire Truck"
Ella is definitely a character. She's the one using her diploma as a telescope :-)
I am all choked up. Great Job, Mom. Congratulations Ella!
ReplyDelete