Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Great Nap Crisis

For a few weeks now Ella has been refusing to nap A LOT. It's extremely frustrating and exhausting. I've tried everything but no matter what she stands in her crib and wails until I let her get out and play. She's tired in the early evening so I really don't think she's ready for no nap (and I am completely not open to that idea-she's not even 2 yet!!). So, we'll keep trying different things to tire her out and pray for this wretched phase to end. In other bad sleep news, we tried to put her to bed at a friend's house and I think her days of going to sleep in a pack-n-play at other people's houses is over. It was a lovely season of life that I'm very thankful for especially because lots of other people's kids would never do it. You can find us at home most nights after 8pm as of now. A sacrifice worth making :-)

Ella watching Curious George after I left her sitting on the couch insisting she wasn't tired at all.

1 comment: