Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Artscape!

I haven't written in a while but I'm back :-) A couple weeks ago my sister got to show her student's artwork at Baltimore's Artscape Festival. She's in a MA program in community arts and is in charge of an art camp for inner city kids. Her exhibit was AWESOME and Ella had a great time at the workshop her kids taught where she got to paint :-) Even though Marissa has been really busy I love it that she lives here now and can hang out with us and play with Ella (who calls her "Boo boo"- what my dad calls Marissa- and occasionally "rissa."
Part of the artwork Marissa and her middle schoolers did

Ella was very excited to "talk" to all the kids on the mural :-)

Mommy, Ella, and Aunt Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment