Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Port Discovery

Nine summers ago I worked at a children's museum in Baltimore called Port Discovery. A couple weeks ago we were planning to go to the free movies for kids at the mall but I found out the movie was Charlotte's Web which would be too sad for me I'm sure (I have NO tolerance for sad movies-it ruins me for days) and there's no way Ella would sit through a non-animated movie anyway. So, I really wanted to do something that day and remembered Port Discovery and that Ella might be 1)old enough to enjoy some of what they have there and 2)young enough to get in free. I was right on both counts! Lexi was also not up for a real-people movie so she and Jen joined us on our trip into the city :-)



Ella got to paint water on a dry rock and see it change color



Ella and Lex in the ball pit


If you kind of "surf" on this platform it makes the trees sway and dance!


Ella yelled "ABC!" and ran over to play with these letters on the door



She was very interested in watching this exhibit (it was flowers "dancing")



Ella climbed up and her shoe fell through these ropes and neither Jen or I could reach it. We asked a very nice dad who was near by if he could help us (his arms looked longer than ours). He couldn't reach it either but soon it became a family affair. He got a pen out that was long enough to scoot the shoe to where his daughter could reach while laying on the floor and his wife coached from the side. When they got it there was a pretty loud "Hooray!!" from all 10 of us who were watching. It was rather hysterical but we were very grateful (I love those shoes!).

No comments:

Post a Comment