Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pooh Poo

Ella has had a runny nose for a few days (not too uncommon) but then she started coughing, waking up during the night, and was holding her hands over her ears so I made a dr.'s appt just to make sure it wasn't an ear infection or something more serious. Even though Hannah (her cousin who she plays with all the time) does in fact have an ear infection, the Doctor said Ella's ears were fine, she was barely congested and that it's just a little cold that we should wait out. Good news! So, they give her a Winnie the Pooh sticker, we get in the car and leave. All is going well right? Right. Until I go to get her out of the car and see pastel colored specks all around her mouth and she's blowing raspberries and has colored spit all over her chin. I search frantically for the sticker (which was about as big as my palm-HUGE as stickers go) and can't find it anywhere around her car seat. When I ask her where her sticker is she looks around and says "no sticker." When I ask if she put it in her mouth she smiles. Ahhh! I called poison control and they were very nice and assured me that the sticker should pass naturally and that there is nothing toxic in them. Sigh of relief. How in the world do children make it to be adults? My nephew put a razor blade in his mouth last week and picked up a used tampon applicator in a public bathroom. I guess eating a sticker should be the least of my concerns. What else will I be writing about in the years to come? Hopefully all of it will be as humorous as Pooh in her poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment