Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas 2007

We had a great Christmas this year. We celebrated with my side of the family at my Aunt and Uncle's house on Christmas Eve. My Aunt is a great cook and we had appetizers and desserts that I confess I'm still fantasizing about...mini "burgers" made with steak, shrimp and cocktail sauce, smoked salmon canapes, egg salad with caviar (I've always hated egg salad but LOVED this) and the best fudge I've ever had. I've got to get the recipes. Anyway, lots of presents and fun and Ella was the star of the party. She really loves the party environment and is almost always really well behaved, even if it's hours past her bedtime (which it was).
Christmas morning Ella slept until we woke her up at 9:45am to go over to Nana and Grandpa's house. We celebrated with all of Chris' family until well into the afternoon and again, had a great time. It really was a blessed Christmas and we're so thankful for that!


Ella has been talking about Aunt Bobbi's house and the "big, big Christmas tree" almost every day since then

Ella saw the candles on this Christmas decoration and insisted that she needed to blow them out (and kept saying "Happy Birthday to you!") GG got a kick out of helping her blow each one out

Nana bought Ella this ADORABLE Christmas dress that fit her perfectly! She had so much fun passing out presents to everyone and was very good about not trying to open them all herself

Looking hardcore with her new guitar from Aunt Marissa

1 comment:

  1. Oh YAY! Good to find y'all in the blogworld. We look forward to keeping up with y'all better. We miss y'all a bunch! Ella is adorable. Every time Jeff sees a picture of her, he says "boy, she has Chris's eyes" and "look at that hair!" We love the curls!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete