Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What Ella's been up to lately...


Ella's First manicure and pedicure courtesy of Aunt Holly :-) She walked around for a week telling everyone she had "pwitty nay-wuls." The pale pink suited her-SO cute!


I heard Ella saying "come here Raleigh, sit down, good girl" over and over and went in to check it out and found her brushing Raleigh's hair! This went on for quite a while. Such a tolerant dog.

Ella LOVES having tea parties but prefers serving "coppee" instead of tea.

Ella decided she wanted a "living room bed" and got a "hobo" (pillow) and blanket and laid down with her book. It later involved a much more elaborate set up of many pillows, blankets and books. She's in a phase of insisting that we "tuck in" with a blanket almost anytime we sit anywhere. I'm still kinda in that phase...interesting the things she's picking up that I am not intentionally teaching her (being anal about things being neat seems to be another thing she's picking up from me...ooops).

No comments:

Post a Comment