No Joke-they actually have a vending machine for meal worms and night crawlers and other nasty LIVE things. Do people really pull up in their yuppy cars, wearing business suits after their drive in from DC or Baltimore and grab a pack of night crawlers before they head home to their gated community or suburban picket fence-y neighborhood? I really want the statistics on how many times that vending machine has been used. I have nothing against outdoorsy-ness, I've just lived in the area for 20 some years and don't know a single person who would buy live bait at a shopping mall. Why, you ask was I at sed store? Because it's like another world for us-an amusement park full of real animals (taxidermy style) everywhere, a waterfall, and fish bigger than Ella in a tank as big as our living room. So, people who buy live bait, whoever you are, thanks for providing an afternoon excursion destination to fascinate my two year old (and me).
Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Interesting...
So we live in the suburbs and I don't know anyone who fits any kind of hunting-fishing-gun-toting stereotype yet still there is a store very close by that has acres of products geared towards these hobbies. I don't quite understand how they stay open but, whatever. What drove home the point that I really don't know who buys the stuff they sell is the vending machine outside this store that I came across the other day.

No Joke-they actually have a vending machine for meal worms and night crawlers and other nasty LIVE things. Do people really pull up in their yuppy cars, wearing business suits after their drive in from DC or Baltimore and grab a pack of night crawlers before they head home to their gated community or suburban picket fence-y neighborhood? I really want the statistics on how many times that vending machine has been used. I have nothing against outdoorsy-ness, I've just lived in the area for 20 some years and don't know a single person who would buy live bait at a shopping mall. Why, you ask was I at sed store? Because it's like another world for us-an amusement park full of real animals (taxidermy style) everywhere, a waterfall, and fish bigger than Ella in a tank as big as our living room. So, people who buy live bait, whoever you are, thanks for providing an afternoon excursion destination to fascinate my two year old (and me).
No Joke-they actually have a vending machine for meal worms and night crawlers and other nasty LIVE things. Do people really pull up in their yuppy cars, wearing business suits after their drive in from DC or Baltimore and grab a pack of night crawlers before they head home to their gated community or suburban picket fence-y neighborhood? I really want the statistics on how many times that vending machine has been used. I have nothing against outdoorsy-ness, I've just lived in the area for 20 some years and don't know a single person who would buy live bait at a shopping mall. Why, you ask was I at sed store? Because it's like another world for us-an amusement park full of real animals (taxidermy style) everywhere, a waterfall, and fish bigger than Ella in a tank as big as our living room. So, people who buy live bait, whoever you are, thanks for providing an afternoon excursion destination to fascinate my two year old (and me).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment