Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tooth Update

We went to the dentist today and within about 20 minutes they X-rayed her, gave her a dental exam, cleaning, flouride and bonded the chipped tooth! She cried the whole time the Dr. was working in her mouth but that was only about 5 minutes so it wasn't too bad. She was a real trooper and recovered within seconds when the "tooth fixer" gave her stickers and a new Elmo toothbrush. The tooth looks pretty normal! It really was OBVIOUSLY chipped (my SIL said it looked like a fang) and now no one (except me the mom/perfectionist) can tell. I don't even have a picture of her 2nd "major" injury. Oh well, I'm just glad it's all fixed (and it didn't cost an arm and a leg)!

Oh-her first major injury was when she rolled off the bed (about 1 foot away from me) and got a black eye on the edge of a rocking chair on her way down. She was about 8 months old. It was NOT pretty and certainly wasn't "fixed" in 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Tabitha recently rolled off the bed, near the rocking chair, but not bumps or bruises...phew! Glad her tooth is all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corinne, I have to clarify - I turned my back on Tabitha for about 10 sec after setting her on the bed, then heard a plump. It was my fault and I felt so bad. After crying for a while, she's fine. Love your blog and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff-I was standing right next to Ella when she rolled off the bed-I felt horrible!! We had to go the ER-it was traumatic! Thankfully there was nothing serious wrong but the black eye was SO pitiful looking. I love hearing from you guys!

    ReplyDelete