Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update and Pics from Dad

Not a whole lot to report about Ella, she vascillates constantly between super sweet and super disobedient. We had our best trip to the Mall ever, just the two of us on Monday-shopped, had lunch, played, and she was great the entire time. It was wonderful! It felt like a glimpse of the future-a child who I can take places without fear of her running away, whining, crying etc. Then, the next day she played with Aunt Amy while I did school work and proceeded to beat her cousins up and openly defy Amy a million times. AHHHHHHH! The roller coaster of behavior is draining-I never know which Ella I'll have moment to moment. Thank God for all of the good moments though...and that she's so darn cute.

The only other news is that Ella's chipped tooth that was bonded fell off again and we got it re-fixed at the dentist last Tuesday. That night Ella got pushed off a slide, fell on her face, got a HORRIBLE fat lip, and of course, knocked off the bonding in her tooth that was done that morning. Her lip is almost completely healed now and we're trying to decide what to do about her tooth. The dentist has assured us it will continue to fall off every few months. So do we let her have half a front tooth for the next 4 years until it falls out? Or do we keep getting it bonded so she doesn't look funny? I'm up for advice...

Anyway, on a good note, here are some pics my dad took and passed on to me recently :-)

At the pool with Popeye and Abuela



I love this picture of Ella and Aunt Marissa-they look like models!

I love how she's looking at my grandmother with such admiration and interest.

Showing Ella the locket Marissa made me with a picture of us as kids

Dr.Ella! In her words, she currently wants to be "a monkey doctor, so she can help animals to feel better."

3 comments:

  1. It really wasn't a million times. And, maybe she was getting back at Christopher for being the one to push her down the slide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics of you and Ella and her with your grandmother. Your dad captured those moments.

    ReplyDelete